News and Events
Welcome to Healthy Harford’s calendar! Do you have an upcoming event that you would like to post? Send us the info on our contact form and someone will get back to you.
- This event has passed.
FREE Virtual Diabetes Self-Management Classes
April 12 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join this free virtual class by calling Healthlink at 1-800-515-0044.
Topics covered in this class include:
Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, such as fatigue, pain, hyper- and hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration.
Physicians, diabetes educators, dietitians, and other health professionals have reviewed all workshop materials. Each year the content is reviewed and updated to meet current American Diabetes Association’s standards.
Additional Topics include:
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- How to use glucose monitoring in order to make day to day decisions and to manage sick days
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Recommended tests for prevention or delay of complications
- Proper foot care
- Action-planning, problem-solving, decision-making
Check out our list of fitness links for information on keeping active in Harford County.
Other event calendars in the community…
Visit Harford: A county generated list of events hosted by government agencies and and on public lands.
Bel Air News and Views: Fun things to do around the town of Bel Air and the surrounding communities.