Need Help Paying for Child Care?

The State of Maryland’s Child Care Scholarship (CCS) Program will help pay for child care for a child younger than 13 years old, or younger than 19 years old if the child is disabled. The scholarship amount will be paid directly to the childcare provider. The parent will only be responsible for the remaining amount not covered by the scholarship. 

To be eligible for the CCS Program, you must be:

  • A Maryland resident 
  • Either: working, in a training program, or in school.
    • (If both parents live in the same house, both parents must be either working, in a training program, or in school). 
  • Meet Child Care Subsidy income guidelines (See income guidelines chart below), or be eligible for Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  
  • Willing to have your child immunized to Maryland state standards or provide documentation that your child does not have to be immunized. 

Income Guidelines Chart:









To apply for the scholarship, submit the follow documents to Child Care Scholarship central:

  • Completed Child Care Scholarship (CCS) application (PDF)
  • A Birth Certificate for each child or documentation that certifies the child has qualified alien status.   NOTE: Parents ARE NOT required to be citizens of the United States. 
  • The following documents MUST be submitted for you and your spouse, or your child’s other parent living in your household.
    • Most recent pay stubs for four (4) weeks in a row 
    • Proof of identity (i.e. driver’s license, birth certificate, immigration status documentation, government issued identification, etc.) The proof of identify provided by the Head of Household must have a photo (i.e. driver’s license)  
    • Proof of parent engaged/enrolled in work, school or job training 
    • Proof of all other income 
    • Proof of child support payment or cooperation i.e. If parents do not live together, show that you are trying to receive child support. 
    • Proof of address (i.e. utility bill, lease, etc.)

You can mail, e-mail, or FAX the documents

Mail: CCS Central, PO Box 17015, Baltimore, MD 21297


FAX: 410.229.0053

For questions call: 1.866.243.8796


Application Recommendations


  • Complete the application and gather ALL supporting documents
  • Scan everything and email to
  • After you email everything, call 1.866.243.8796 two days later for a status update.
  • After that call every 2 days for a status update. This way you will know if any additional documentation is needed, and you can provide it right away so your application will not be delayed.
  • Once you receive your voucher in the mail, take all three copies to the childcare provider for signature. After the child care provider signs them, then you sign them. Give one copy of the voucher to the provider, keep one for yourself, and email the last one to WITHIN 60 DAYS.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you need personal assistance completing the applications, gathering the documents, scanning the material? Please contact Rachel Boucher at the Boys and Girls Club


Need help finding child care? 

Learn how to find Child Care in Harford County.