Community Resources


Access to Food


Free Groceries and meals – free groceries and school meals for children, prepared meals for seniors and people in-need. Information on food pantries and faith based meals. Some resources also provide toiletries (soap/shampoo), cleaning products, and pet food.

Grocery Stores and services that deliver

Local Farms that sell directly to the public

SNAP (Supplementary Nutritional Assistance Program, formally known as Food stamps)

SNAP benefits have increased due to the Covid 19 pandemic. If you are in need, please apply. The agencies listed below under Local Assistance can help you fill out an application.

Additional help with your SNAP EBT card (click below to enlarge).


Pre-priced boxes of produce available for pick-up

  • Jones Family Farms, 2100 Philadelphia Road, Edgewood (410) 676-3709
  • Blooms Broom Dairy, 1700 South Fountain Green Road (Rt. 5430, Bel Air. To reserve a box comment on
    Katharine Umbarger-Dallam Facebook page. Boxes are pick up only on Wednesdays. Cost $28.



Need Help finding childcare? 

Need Help Paying for childcare? 

Quick assessment to see if you are eligible for Maryland’s Childcare Scholarship (CCS) program

  1. If you receive Free and Reduced Price Meals (FARM) at school for your child, you meet the qualifications for CSS.
  2. You may be eligible if:
    • You need childcare because the parent(s) living in the household work, are in an approved training program, or are attending school,
    •  You already receive CCS for any of your children
    • You have applied for or receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)


CoVid19 (Coronavirus) Information

As of July 1, 2021, the Covid-19 State of Emergency is over, and all emergency mandates and restrictions are lifted. This includes the mask mandate, and occupancy limits.

COVID-19 Vaccine age requirements by manufacturer

All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

  • Pfizer: 12years of age and older
  • Moderna: 18 years of age and older
  • Johnson & Johnson (Janssen): 18 years of age and older

Get Vaccinated     Resources      Frequently Asked Questions     Mass vaccination site registration

To Find a Vaccination Site Near You:

Text your zip code to GETVAX (438829) in English, or VACUNA (822862) in Spanish to get contact information for three sites near you with available COVID vaccines.

Additional Community Covid 19 vaccination sites are:


If you have questions about your allergies or health conditions and getting the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your healthcare provider for medical advice.

Harford Citizens Crush Covid-19 – is a Facebook group where volunteers will help those who have difficulty navigating computers secure a vaccine appointment. They do not have any inside information, but are willing to put in the time to help residents search for available appointments.

Statistics and Resources

Medical questions


COVID Testing Sites (click to enlarge)

How to Find the Care You Need

Mental Health Care

  1. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP 24/7 to talk to a trained mental health professional. They are there to answer any mental health questions you have and to help you find the resources and the help you need. Call for community referrals, information/advice on mental health and substance abuse issues for yourself or others, or to request Mobile Crisis services to come to your home/work in the event of an emergency.
  2. Visit the Klein Family Harford Crisis Center (KFHCC), 802 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air. Open 9am to 9pm every day. No appointment necessary. Just walk in and they will provide assessment and treatment for your mental health needs.  The KFHCC provides walk-in services and immediate assessment and treatment. They also offer short term outpatient treatment for clients needing services until they are settled with a new Provider, and short term residential services. Clients under 18 can receive assessments and referrals to appropriate services in the community.
  3. Contact your health insurance or the Human Resources Department of your work to determine what and how mental health services your insurance or employee assistance program (EAP) covers.

Health ClinicBeacon Health, 253 Lewis Lane, Suite 202, Havre de Grace, MD 21078. Beacon Health is a branch of the West Cecil Health Center (WCHC)and the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Harford County. FQHC’s offer high quality health care to anyone regardless of which insurance they carry, as well as a sliding scale fee for those without insurance. Patients of Beacon Health, also have access to dental, gynecology, and  behavioral health (mental health and substance abuse) services. Patients of all ages are welcome.

Health Insurance  Need health insurance? Call the Seedco Hot Line at 866-492-6057, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am- 4:00 pm to speak with a Navigator.

or Visit or download the free “Enroll MHC” mobile app.  Free consumer assistance is available by calling 855-642-8572 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Deaf and hard of hearing may use Relay.


Free Internet

Free Internet is available in parking lots and on the grounds of the following government buildings:

  • Agricultural Center, Street
  • Churchville Recreational Center
  • McFaul Recreational Center, Bel Air
  • Havre de Grace Senior Center
  • Fallston Recreational Center
  • all 11 Harford County Public Library buildings, and the Library Office on Brass Mill Road, Belcamp.


Additional Assistance

Eviction Prevention/Help Paying Utilities – Harford Community Action Agency will help navigate all available funding sources for eviction prevention and help paying utilities. If you are falling behind in your rent, please do not wait to call as available funds are limited.

Utility Bill AssistanceMore Than $154 Million Available to Help Marylanders With Energy and Utility Bills.  The Harford Community Action Agency can assist with utility bills.

Pharmacies that offer delivery

Volunteers offering assistance for Seniors and other vulnerable populations

TransportationHarford Transit Link will provide on-demand service for residents that need transportation to medical or social service appointments, or in some cases transportation to work. Call  410-612-1620 or 410-838-2562 to book an appointment.

Getting There Ride Share – Serves seniors ages 60 and over, especially in the Dublin, Darlington, Pylesville, Whiteford, Jarrettsville, and Street areas. Call 410-836-3005.

Bill assistance   For assistance with paying your bills, call the United Way at 211

HomelessnessIf you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.

Street Card – List of local resources for housing, food, mental health and other needs. Please note, hours and services may be different during Coronavirus restrictions. For the most current access to resources, please refer to other links on this page.