Access to Food
Free Groceries and meals – free groceries and school meals for children, prepared meals for seniors and people in-need. Information on food pantries and faith based meals. Some resources also provide toiletries (soap/shampoo), cleaning products, and pet food.
SNAP (Supplementary Nutritional Assistance Program, formally known as Food stamps)
- Apply on-line
- Local assistance – Harford Community Action Agency, Maryland Hunger Solutions will help you complete your application.
Pre-priced boxes of produce available for pick-up
- Broom’s Bloom Dairy, 1700 Fountain Green Road, Bel Air
- Jones Family Farms, 2100 Philadelphia Road, Edgewood, Maryland 21040 (410) 676-3709
Quick assessment to see if you are eligible for Maryland’s Childcare Scholarship (CCS) program
If you receive Free and Reduced Price Meals (FARM) at school for your child, you meet the qualifications for CSS.
You may be eligible if:
- You need childcare because the parent(s) living in the household work, are in an approved training program, or are attending school,
- You already receive CCS for any of your children
- You have applied for or receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
CoVid19 (Coronavirus) Information
- University of Maryland Nurse Call Center – 1-888-713-0711, 24/7 call line for anyone who has questions about CoVid-19 symptoms, or needs guidance on when to call their doctor.
- CoVid19 information and updates – UM Upper Chesapeake Health
- How to care for yourself at home if you have mild symptoms
- Free testing in Harford County – UM Upper Chesapeake offers free CoVid19 testing in Aberdeen, 650 McHenry Road – next to Target. Appointment required, but Doctor’s notes are not. Testing available for ages 5 and up. Hours: Mondays and Fridays – 10 to noon; Wednesday 8am to noon; Thursday 3pm to 7pm. https://crispcovid19.powerappsportals.com/new-patient to register.
- CoVid19 testing sites in Maryland – always call site before visiting to check requirements and if there is a charge.
- Frequently Asked Testing Questions – Maryland Dept. of Health
Harford County Testing Sites – Click to Enlarge
Click HERE to schedule testing at Aberdeen (650 McHenry Road)
Statistics and Resources
- Latest Coronavirus statistics Maryland Department of Health
- Governor Hogan’s Coronavirus website and resources
Access to Health Care
Mental Health Crisis Services, Klein Family Harford Crisis Center (KFHCC), 802 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air, 1.800.NEXT.STEP open 24/7 all day, all night, every day. Call for community referrals, information/advice on mental health and substance abuse issues, or to request Mobile Crisis to your home/work in the event of an emergency. The KFHCC provides walk-in services and immediate treatment, short term outpatient treatment for clients needing services until they are settled with a new Provider, and short term residential services. Clients under 18 can receive assessments and referrals to appropriate services in the community.
Health Clinic – Beason Health, 253 Lewis Lane, Suite 202, Havre de Grace, MD 21078. Beacon Health is a branch of the West Cecil Health Center (WCHC)and the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Harford County. FQHC’s offer high quality health care to anyone regardless of which insurance they carry, as well as a sliding scale fee for those without insurance. Patients of Beacon Health, also have access to dental, gynecology, and behavioral health (mental health and substance abuse) services. Patients of all ages are welcome.
Health Insurance Need health insurance? The CoVID-19 Special Enrollment period has been extended through December 15, 2020. Call the Seedco Hot Line at 866-492-6057, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am- 4:00 pm to speak with a Navigator.
or Visit MarylandHealthConnection
Free Internet is available in parking lots and on the grounds of the following government buildings:
- Agricultural Center, Street
- Churchville Recreational Center
- McFaul Recreational Center, Bel Air
- Havre de Grace Senior Center
- Fallston Recreational Center
- all 11 Harford County Public Library buildings, and the Library Office on Brass Mill Road, Belcamp.
Transportation – Harford Transit Link will provide on-demand service for residents that need transportation to medical or social service appointments, or in some cases transportation to work. Call 410-612-1620 or 410-838-2562 to book an appointment.
Bill assistance For assistance with paying your bills, call the United Way at 211
Homelessness – If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Street Card – List of local resources for housing, food, mental health and other needs. Please note, hours and services may be different during Coronavirus restrictions. For the most current access to resources, please refer to other links on this page.