CoVid19 (Coronavirus) Information
- University of Maryland Nurse Call Center – 1-888-713-0711, 24/7 call line for anyone who has questions about CoVid-19 symptoms, or needs guidance on when to call their doctor.
- CoVid19 information and updates – UM Upper Chesapeake Health
- How to care for yourself at home if you have mild symptoms
- Free testing in Harford County at the VEIP in Forest Hill
- CoVid19 testing sites in Maryland – always call site before visiting to check requirements and if there is a charge.
- Frequently Asked Testing Questions – Maryland Dept. of Health
Statistics and Resources
- Latest Coronavirus statistics Maryland Department of Health
- Governor Hogan’s Coronavirus website and resources
Access to Food
Food Assistance – free groceries and school meals for children, prepared meals for seniors and people in-need. Information on food pantries and faith based meals. Some resources also provide toiletries (soap/shampoo), cleaning products, and pet food.
SNAP (Supplementary Nutritional Assistance Program, formally known as Food stamps)
- Apply on-line
- Local assistance – Harford Community Action Agency, Maryland Hunger Solutions will help you complete your application.
Pre-priced boxes of produce available for pick-up
- Broom’s Bloom Dairy, 1700 Fountain Green Road, Bel Air
- Jones Family Farms, 2100 Philadelphia Road, Edgewood, Maryland 21040 (410) 676-3709
Quick assessment to see if you are eligible for Maryland’s Childcare Scholarship (CCS) program
If you receive Free and Reduced Price Meals (FARM) at school for your child, you qualify for CSS.
You may be eligible if:
- You already receive CCS for any of your children
- You have applied for or receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- You need childcare because the parent(s) living in the household work, are in an approved training program, or are attending school, and meet the income guidelines.
Mental Health Crisis Services, Klein Family Harford Crisis Center, 802 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air, 1.800.NEXT.STEP open 24/7 all day, all night, every day.
Transportation – Harford Transit Link will provide on-demand service for residents that need transportation to medical or social service appointments, or in some cases transportation to work. Call 410-612-1620 or 410-838-2562 to book an appointment.
Bill assistance For assistance with paying your bills, call the United Way at 211
Homelessness – If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Free Internet is available in parking lots and on the grounds of the following government buildings:
- Agricultural Center, Street
- Churchville Recreational Center
- McFaul Recreational Center, Bel Air
- Havre de Grace Senior Center
- Fallston Recreational Center
- all 11 Harford County Public Library buildings, and the Library Office on Brass Mill Road, Belcamp.
Street Card – List of local resources for housing, food, mental health and other needs. Please note, hours and services may be different during Coronavirus restrictions. For the most current access to resources, please refer to other links on this page.
Health Insurance If you need health insurance, contact Maryland Health Connection 855-492-6057 (8:30am to 4:30pm).