Free Groceries and Meals during CoVid19
We are working to provide a resources for food assistance in our community during the CoVid19 pandemic. We will be updating these pages as new information becomes available. If you have additional information to add, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are reliable repeating food giveaways. For information on one time and pop-up events, please visit our calendar or facebook page.
Harford Community Action Agency Food Pantry
Harford Community Action Agency (HCAA) 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood (410.612.9899) provides groceries They also assist with SNAP application and homeless services. If you are without transportation and unable to access groceries, please phone their offices for assistance.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9am to 3:00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 4pm to 7pm
Harford County Public Schools (HCPS) Harford County Public Schools is providing free breakfast and lunch at school for ALL Harford County students. There is no paperwork necessary. Those students that are still learning remotely can sign up to receive a free bagged breakfast and lunch at hcpsmenus.com.
Community/Faith Based Grocery and Meal Assistance
Northern part of the county
Mason-Dixon Community Services (MDCS) 708 Highland Road, Street, is distributing pre-bagged groceries via drive- thru for northern county residents at their Highlands Common building. They are also providing mobile food pantry services to seniors, disabled, and others who are not able to travel. MDCS will also hosts occasional pop up food giveaways. Please visit their Facebook page for times and locations.
- Monday-Thursday, 9:00am to noon
- First Thursday of the month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Wilson Ministries, 1024 Main Street, Darlington, 410.836.3555. On the 3rd Saturday of the month, guests will receive 3 bags free groceries (meat, nonperishables, produce) with toiletries per family. Limited pet food is available as well. Otherwise, the Twice Blessed Thrift Shop provides one emergency bag of pre-packed nonperishable food, limited to once a month.
- 3rd Saturday of the month, 9:00am to 11:00am – Wilson Center
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9:30am-12:30pm – Twice Blessed Thrift Shop
Centre United Methodist Church, 2409 Rocks Road, Forest Hill, 410.838.4207. Drive thru food pantry.
- Wednesday 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Bel Air United Methodist Church, Rt. 924 and Linwood Ave, 410.838.5181. Drive thru.
- Wednesdays, Soup Kitchen 11:30am – 12:45pm
- 3rd Saturday of the month, 9:00am to 11:30am – Please note: Food pantry not open in October 2021 or January 2022.
First Presbyterian Church, 224 North Main Street, Bel Air. 24 hour self service food pantry. Box on front steps. Honor system, take only what you need.
Y in Abingdon, 101 Walter Ward Blvd. Abingdon. 410.679.9622. Will have future food pantries, please check back soon.
Mountain Christian Church Abingdon Campus, 3465 Box Hill Corporate Center Drive, Abingdon, MD 21009. Food Giveaway,
- 4th Saturday of the month 9:00am to 12:00pm.
St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, 1450 Abingdon Road, 410.676.5119. Drive thru, 1 bag of groceries.
- Thursday 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Saturday 9:00am to 10:00am
Mt. Zion at the Tent, 1643 Churchville Road. 410.836.7444. Food Giveaway, Drive thru. Mt. Zion also offers food delivery, errands, and shopping assistance for those in need. Please call for assistance.
- Thursdays 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Oak Grove Baptist Church, 2106 Churchville Road, Churchville. Drive up service.
- 3rd Saturday from 9:00am to 11:00am
Tabitha’s House, 112 D Connolly Road, Fallston, 410.877.9730. Must call in advance to register. Clients can go in, or drive up and open their trunk for volunteers to load groceries.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am to 3:0pm
Hickory Compassion Center, 2500 Conowingo Road, Hickory. 410.974.9296. Food is distributed by request during hours of operation.
- Tuesday through Friday, 10am to 2pm
St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 1200 Churchville Road, Bel Air. 410.838.3178. Food is mostly nonperishables, with occasional frozen meats.
- Thursday 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Fridays 10:30am to 12:00pm
Calvary Baptist Church, 206 East Courtland Place, 410.838.6080. Food pantry.
- Tuesday from 9:00am to 3:30pm
Prince of Peace Sharing Table, 2600 Willoughby Beach Road, Edgewood. Take home meals and groceries.
- Saturday 11:30am to 1:00pm; .
Breathe 379, 2124 Nuttal Ave. Edgewood. Groceries, prepared food, clothes.
- Wednesday 10:00am to 2:00pm
- 2nd Saturday of the month, 12:00pm to 4:00pm
EPICENTER, EPICENTER at Edgewood, 1918 Pulaski Hwy, Edgewood.
- Second Friday 11:00am to 2:00pm
Village at Lakeview Community Center, 833 Fisherman Lane, Edgewood – 410.679.0473.
- Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10:00am – 2:00pm. Groceries
- Monday through Friday at 4:00 pm – Take home hot meals, but must call ahead
Trinity Lutheran Church, 1100 Philadelphia Road, Joppa, Food Closet. Drive thru.
- Tuesdays 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Thursdays 3:30 to 5:00pm
- Saturdays 10:00am to noon
Havre de Grace
St. Patrick’s Church, 615 Congress Avenue, Havre de Grace, 443.504.9330. Groceries. There is a green bin for food collection from the community located in the vestibule of the Hall.
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 9:30am to 11:30am
American Legion, 501 Saint Johns Street, self service food pantry. Donate what you can, take only what you need. Honor system.
- 24 hours, bring your own bags.
St. Johns Episcopal Church, 114 North Union Ave. 410.939.2107. Grace Place and St. John’s Cupboard. Groceries.
- Tuesdays from 11:15 to 12:15
- Fridays from 10:00am to 12:00pm
Christ the King Church, 410 Webb Lane. 443.502-8658. Food pantry. Drive thru.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 to 2 pm
Tabernacle of Faith Family Life Center, 315A N. Earlton Road. 410.939.5017. Groceries
- 3rd Friday of the month, starting at noon
Havre de Grace Compassion Center, 531 Legion Drive. 410.939.0879. Groceries. Form line in front of center.
- Wednesdays at 9:30 am
EPICENTER at Aberdeen, 21 Aberdeen Shopping Plaza. Groceries
- 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00am to 1:00pm
- 1st Saturday of the month from 9:00am- to 12:00pm
St Joan of Arc Good Samaritan Ministry, 215 South Law Street, Aberdeen. Provides emergency aid including include food, prescriptions, evictions, or utility assistance to residents within their parish boundaries. Contact Number: 410-272-4535, Ext. 3. Please leave a message with name and phone number, and you will be contacted within 24 hours.
- Wednesdays from 9:30 to 11:00am
Grace United Methodist Church, 110 West Bel Air Ave. 410.272.0909. Drive thru food pantry. Must bring photo ID.
- Wednesday 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Grove Presbyterian Church, 50 East Bel Air Ave. 410.272.0896. Food pantry. Must bring photo ID.
- Wednesday 7:00pm to 8:00pm