Resources During CoVid19 Shutdowns
CoVid19 (Coronavirus) Information
CoVid 19 Nurse Call Center – 1-888-713-0711, University of Maryland Medical Systems has a 24/7 call line for anyone who has questions about CoVid-19 symptoms, or needs guidance on when to call their doctor.
CoVid19 information and updates from UM Upper Chesapeake Health Information includes where and how to get tested.
Maryland Department of Health Up-to-Date coronavirus statistics.
Access to Food
Food Assistance – free groceries and meals for children, seniors, and people in-need. Information on food pantries and faith based meals. Some resources also provide toiletries (soap/shampoo), cleaning products, and pet food.
SNAP (Supplementary Nutritional Assistance Program, formally known as Food stamps)
- Apply on-line
- Local assistance – Harford Community Action Agency, Maryland Hunger Solutions will help you complete your application.
Pop Up grocery stores – to go pre-priced boxes of produce and pantry staples.
- Broom’s Bloom Dairy, 1700 Fountain Green Road, Bel Air
- Vagabond Sandwich Company, 111 Thomas Road, Bel Air
- Pairings Bistro, 2105 Laurel Bush Road, Bel Air
Free Childcare for Essential Personnel – The Ward Y in Abingdon is offering FREE care for children of essential workers. Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks are included. Ages 4-12. Hours are 7 am – 6 pm.
Mental Health Crisis Services, Klein Family Harford Crisis Center, 802 Baltimore Pike, Bel Air, 1.800.NEXT.STEP open 24/7.
Bill assistance For assistance with paying your bills, call the United Way at 211
Homelessness – If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Low Cost Internet access – comcast will offer a special internet rate for low income residents.
Free Internet available in parking lots and grounds of the following government building:
- Agricultural Center, Street
- Churchville Recreational Center
- McFaul Recreational Center, Bel Air
- Havre de Grace Senior Center
- Fallston Recreational Center
- all 11 Harford County Public Library buildings, and the Library Office on Brass Mill Road, Belcamp.
Street Card – List of local resources for housing, food, mental health and other needs. Please note, hours and services may be different during Coronavirus shutdown. For most current information, please refer to other links on this page.
Maryland Health Connection, 855-642-8572 (8 am to 6 pm). If you need health insurance, contact Maryland Health Connection. The enrollment period to enroll in health insurance has been extended to June 15th.