Healthy Harford functions as a connector entity in the Harford County community, bringing together partners from throughout our region to help improve health outcomes.
Improving one’s health and adopting a healthy lifestyle can be a spiritual journey for some, as well as knowing that what we may not be able to achieve individually, we can achieve with the support of our community. Healthy Harford works with the faith community to help congregations learn integrate healthy lifestyles into their worship of the Creator – respecting body mind and spirit.
Level 1: How to Start a Health Ministry
Level 2: Beyond Zumba and Health Fairs – Taking Your Health Ministry to the Next Level
As part of our outreach, we offer a Power Point presentation that highlights many of the programs offered by Healthy Harford partners in the community including:
- Health screenings: blood pressure, cholesterol, body fat/muscle ratio, bone density, etc.
- Mental Health First Aid classes
- Suicide prevention classes
- Guide on how to start a Community Garden
- Diabetes Prevention Education
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Disease class
- Smoking Cessation
- Nutrition education
- How to be smart about body art
- Creating Advance Directives
- Cycling safety
- Senior Citizen fall prevention
If you are interested in hearing more about any of these programs, or would like us to come speak to your health ministry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org